Friday 1 November 2013

The Romance of the VW Camper Van

I had one of these in the 80s. A Westphalia, orange and white two-tone with algae covering the roof, and in winter a sheet of ice across the interior windscreen.  The pull out bed was incredibly comfortable - far better than the new Autosleeper I replaced it with.  It flew like the wind and my Irish Water Spaniel loved the laid-back approach I gave him when he jumped on me, soaking, in the middle of the night.  I bought one for photographic trips but sold it when it cost me dear. Garage visits (and I am no mechanic) were a constant source of angst.  Would I return to ownership? Yes, if I had the infinite pockets to finance a "Good One".  Herewith, four examples taken at Croyde this August. More are to be found on my website: http://www.williamfrickerphotography.com/library.php?cat=79



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...